AccNoir-2011-12-28, Klezmer Noir 2011 (Part 2 of 3)
* Artist â Song â Album (year) â Where are they from? â Contact info if we've got it.
* Nathan Prince Nazaroff â A Mazeldiker Yid (Yiddish Song) (with octophone!) 1954 â http://www.folkways.si.edu/albumdetails.aspx?itemid=1177
* Geoff Berner â Lucky God Damn Jew â Whiskey Rabbi (2005) â Vancouver, BC, Canada â http://www.geoffberner.com
* Cricket & Snail â Funder Chuppa (Under the Wedding Canopy) â It Takes Two (2010) â Monteagle, Tennessee, USA â http://www.Alembickmusic.com/cricketandsnail.html Lucie Carlson, violin / James Carlson, accordion
* Yiddish Columbian State Orchestra â Silver Wedding â Seven Good Years (2009) Victoria, British Columbia, Canada â http://www.myspace.com/theyiddishcolumbiastateorchestra
* Guignol â Grifter's Delight â Guignol (2004) â Brooklyn, New York (USA) â Stuff Franz Nicolay played accordion on! http://www.franznicolay.com/
* Kugelplex â Romski Cocek â CeÃ§i NâEst Pas Klezmer (2004) â San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA â http://www.kugelplex.com/
* Golem â Bublichki Remix â (0) â New York, New York, USA â http://www.golemrocks.com/
* Yiddish Columbian State Orchestra â Lena from Palestina â Silver Wedding â Seven Good Years (2009) Victoria, British Columbia, Canada â http://www.myspace.com/theyiddishcolumbiastateorchestra
* The Klezmatics â Sirba Matey Matey â Possessed (2002) â New York City, New York State, USA â http://klezmatics.com/
* Shirim Klezmer Orchestra â Scheherezade â Pincus And The Pig (2004) â New York City, New York State, USA â http://www.shirim.com/
* Daniel Kahn & The Painted Bird â good old bad old days â Good Old Bad Old Days Demo (0) â Detroit, Michigan, USA / Berlin, Germany â http://www.paintedbird.net/
Tonight's cover illustration: My college friend Christina Crowder, who converted me to the accordion in about two seconds in 1990. Yea! This is her (I think) more recently with The Wholesale Klezmer Band. http://www.ganeydn.com/wkb/WholesaleKlezmer.html (I don't think we have any recordings of her with them yet.)
Please, support Accordion Noir and Co-op Radio (without whom there wouldn't be an Accordion Noir), by becoming a member. Go to www.AccordionNoir.org or www.CoopRadio.org and donate online. We really especially supporters who've become "sustaining" donors by arranging to donate a little bit every month. Those add up to a lot of support over the year. We love that most of all.
When you're able to donate, please do add a comment that, "Accordion Noir sent me!" Then we know who loves squeezing.
Bruce and Rowan
Get all your Vancouver Area accordion information at:
Vancouver Squeezebox Circle meets the first Thursday of every month at Spartacus Books.
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters, and our supporters' supporters â even our detractors love our supporters.